Recycling is a hugely important part of our effort to take care of and live in harmony with the planet we call home, but it doesn’t just have to be reserved to municipal authorities or waste management companies. There are awesome and creative ways to recycle and repurpose your old stuff that can be taken advantage of by almost anyone.
Every year, when spring cleaning comes around, many of us gather up our old used stuff and simply throw it out. Sometimes, trash is simply trash, but we often fail to realize that a lot of the things that we throw out can be transformed into something else that’s useful and that we probably would have wound up buying later anyway. If that old ladder you have lying around isn’t safe to climb on anymore, there’s still probably a million other things it can be used for.
And if you can’t make something useful out of your old stuff, you can still probably make something beautiful! Haroshi, Edouard Martinet, Jane Perkins and Mister Finch are just a few of the countless artists out there that have made ingenious use of old stuff to create beautiful works of art!
1. Old Ladder Into Bookshelf
2. Bicycle Into Sink Stand
3. Chair Into Shelf/Closet Unit
4. Old DVDs Into a Mosaic Tile Plate
5. Old Piano Into Bookshelf
6. Old Tire Into Ottoman
7. Old Graters Into Lamps
8. Tennis Rackets Into Mirrors
9. Old Bike Parts Into Chandelier
10. Old Garden Rake Into Wine Glass Holder
11. Old Ladder Into Shelf
12. Old Skateboards Into Guitars
13. Spoons Into Lampshades
14. Old Chairs Into Pet Feeding Station
15. Drum Kit Into Chandelier
16. Old Boat Into Hanging Bed
17. Guitar Into Shelf
18. Vintage Funnels Into Candleholders
19. Forks Into Coat Hangers
20. Vintage Suitcase Into Chair
21. Old Piano Into Outdoor Fountain
If you thought some of these ideas were incredibly awesome, be sure to share with your friends by clicking below.