The DIY craft craze has been sweeping the nation, ever since the online corkboard site called Pinterest has become wildly popular. You can find almost any craft under the sun on this site. Figuring out cheap and easy ways to make your own furniture and decor is a trend that is becoming more and more popular. Because of that, some pretty impressive tutorials have been created.
For those of you who love crafts (or even just cool projects), check out these 21 lamps you can build yourself using only household items and simple tools. They are great crafts and, even better, they look fantastic when they are finished.
1. These simple chandeliers turn your room into a forest.
2. Use cupcake liners to create a paper orb light.
3. Buy acrylic gummy bears (real ones may melt) and build your own gummy chandelier.
4. Combining plastic spoons and water jugs can make a great lamp.
5. An old drum kit can be converted into an awesome light.
6. Make yourself some teacup lights.
7. A carved gourd can make a pretty bomb lamp.
8. Spare bike parts created this epic lamp.
9. Visit a thrift shop,buy some old hats and make awesome lamps.
10. Doilies and art supplies make a pretty lace lamp.
11. This cloud cutout lamp is simple, but beautiful.
12. A wine bottle chandelier is perfect for the kitchen.
13. So are these great grater lamps.
14. Find cheap silverware at the thrift shop? Make these cool lamps.
15. Spare hangers are also great for making lamps.
16. Globe lamps will make you seem more worldly.
17. A workout ball can help you make this awesome yarn lamp shade.
18. Strips of paper and clever gluing can make an awesome Starburst paper light.
19. Don’t throw away your pop tabs, you could make this awesome lamp.
20. Cut off the bottoms of plastic bottles and make this awesome chandelier.
21. Folding over a simple carton can make an amazing lamp
Crafty projects like this may not be for everyone, but these examples can certainly inspire you to recycle more of the stuff you would otherwise throw away. A milk carton, old hanger or pop tab can become so much more. Don’t just throw it away and let it sit in a land fill! Share these awesome craft ideas with your friends by clicking the button below.