How To Read A 223-Page Novel In Just 77 Minutes

The problem with reading? You have to move your eyes too much. This might sound like a line from the world’s laziest person, but it has been discovered that the movement of your eyes from one word to another is slowing you down.

A new technology is being deployed that could rewrite the way we read. Spritz streams text to the eye one word at a time and will have a red line at the Optical Recognition Point — where our eyes naturally go to in words to determine what they are. Reading is inherently time consuming because your eyes have to move from word to word and line to line. Traditional reading also consumes huge amounts of physical space on a page or screen, which limits reading effectiveness on small displays. Scrolling, pinching, and resizing a reading area doesn’t fix the problem and only frustrates people. Now, with compact text streaming from Spritz, content can be streamed one word at a time, without forcing your eyes to spend time moving around the page. Spritz makes streaming your content easy and more comfortable, especially on small displays.

readingWhen reading, only 20 percent of your time is spent processing content. The other 80 percent is taken up having to physically move your eyes from word to word, which is known as’saccade’ and scanning for the next ORP. When you read text using Spritz it makes things more efficient and can turn the average 220 words per minute reader into super human 500 or even 1000 words per minute champions. How does it work? This is 250 words per minute. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is 76,944 words long according to this . At this rate you could read the complete book in just over 5 hours.

1-spritz

If we speed things up to a rate of 350 words per minute it doesn’t seem that much faster, but now it would only take 3 hours and 40 minutes to finish the book. Not bad.

2-spritz

This is where it gets interesting, but a little more difficult. If you could keep up with this for two and a half hours, you could read Harry Potter from cover to cover. Best of all, there’s no need to train to use the system unlike those who skim text to speed read and must undergo significant training and practice.

3-spritz

Spritz will be running on Samsung’s Galaxy S5 and Gear 2 “” being particularly useful on the latter device due to its small screen. And it’s mobile where this is looking to take off. We’re all about getting information down us as fast as possible and this could really be a new way to consume content. We wouldn’t be surprised if’Spritzing’ became the next big thing.

Source

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%